Gaelectric Energy Storage Ltd
Gaelectric Energy Storage (GES) is a developer of energy storage projects and is part of the Gaelectric Group of companies, see www.gaelectric.ie. Our flagship project is the Compressed Air Energy Storage (CAES) project in Larne, Northern Ireland.
GES is seeking to recruit a Project Engineer, primarily to support in concluding the Conceptual Design of the CAES Larne energy storage project; including its integration with the Planning & EIA submission; overseeing the FEED design and supporting the ultimate delivery of the project as required.
The Role: Project Engineer
Location: Dublin (Ireland)
Salary: Competitive salary, negotiable depending on experience
Job Type: Full time 12 month temporary contract subject to probation
Closing Date: 30/08/2014
Reports to: Program Manager
- Managing Design Packages to ensure successful delivery of the project
- Ensure the actualised construction budget remains within plan and develop or implement requisite mitigation measures via alignment with the Project Operations Team
- Management of external consultant teams(s) and specialists to ensure deliverables are met via proactive engagement & effective delegation of duties; accountabilities & responsibilities
- Acting in the capacity as Package Manage Engineer for certain critical elements of the CSAMEP aspects of the project
- Overseeing the concept design implementation phase including but not limited to: chairing weekly minutes of meetings including the issuing of action lists to progress the works
- Owning & issuing a Project Monthly report during the design phase of the project
- Instructing the internal project team and external design team of consultants regarding schedule; scope and cost items
Highly effective strategic player to ensure precision delivery of the design related project engineering aspects of the CAES Larne energy storage project including budgetary management and schedule control in relation to the design. The dimensions of this role include(s) but not limited to the following:
- Oversees in real time the updating of a full project master schedule
- Support the creation and maintenance of a centralised document control & filing system
- Coordination of information flow between stakeholders (GES & its affiliated Partners) and the following parties including but not limited to engineering designing team(s); EIA & Planning team(s); speciality equipment suppliers
- Reviews completed plans and proposed plans from the designing teams
- Works closely with the other business units i.e. Commercial; Planning; Finance etc such that decisions in these areas are timely and consistent throughout the project.
- Continually reviews details as they are being prepared
- Prepares budget estimates for packages of work including timely re-appraisal of the Master Contemplated Budget Estimate
- Update the Contemplated Master timeline to track real progress versus plan and advising corrective mitigation strategies as appropriate
Skills and Experience Requirements:
Success in this role requires a unique blend of the following skill set(s):
- Honours degree or equivalent in an engineering/science related discipline or educated through experience.
- At least 7+ year(s) experience managing infrastructural projects & preferably within the Energy sector.
- Self-starter, self-motivating ability to deal with uncertainty and complexity
- Team leader and ability to motivate others towards reaching a common goal
- Competent level of understanding of all aspects of design & construction works sequencing including its administration
- Experience in the coordination and management of speciality energy infrastructure equipment suppliers
- Exemplary interpersonal skills with ability to influence at equivalent levels within the Project Organisational structure.
- Exemplary presentation skills (written & verbal) with the ability to explain complex technical issues/solutions to a non-technical audience.
- Strong analytical skills – ability to interpret complex data and distil into useful and actionable information.
- Ability in Microsoft Project updating and reporting
- Sensitivity & flexibility in responding to different cultures.
- This position will comprise influence and leadership into the GES Larne Operations team for all project engineering design related matters.
- The Project Engineer will have experience of large scale infrastructural projects in a lead/support role. Interacting within a multi-disciplinary design team deploying a positive can do attitude together with an innovative & practical approach to problem solving
Please provide a CV and a two-page letter supporting your application in confidence via email to email@example.com (please include the position subject). For any further questions concerning the position or application procedure, do not hesitate to contact HR +353-1-6430-800.
Gaelectric is a dynamic company and are always open to new people and new ideas. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to pursue a career in renewable energy.
Gaelectric, a privately held group established in 2004, is a leading developer and operator of renewable energy and energy storage projects in Ireland, the United Kingdom and North America with offices in Dublin, Belfast and Chicago.