Windfarm Project Planner
Location: Dublin. Closing Date: 12/01/2015
Gaelectric, a privately held group established in 2004, is a leading developer and operator of renewable energy and energy storage projects in Ireland, the United Kingdom and North America with offices in Dublin, Belfast and Chicago. Full details of the company’s services are outlined on the company website www.gaelectric.ie
Our In-house Planning Team is responsible for all aspects of the planning process being undertaken by Gaelectric. We are seeking to grow our team through the addition of an experienced, solution focused, EIA / planning specialist with a track record of obtaining planning permission and proven ability to co-ordinate and manage the EIA process within the regulatory framework principles across both Ireland and Northern Ireland for wind energy.
The successful candidate would be expected to:
- Have a minimum of five years post-graduate planning experience in EIA co-ordination and delivery;
- Manage medium to large scale planning projects from inception to completion across Northern Ireland and Ireland;
- Work within and co-ordinate the multi-disciplinary EIA team to deliver project requirements;
- Have a third level qualification and an excellent working knowledge of the Irish and Northern Irish Planning System, and the interaction of relevant planning and environmental legislation;
- Have an in-depth knowledge of a broad range of environmental issues, fundamental to the preparation of high-quality planning inputs on EIS and Environmental projects,
- Experience in delivery of Planning Compliance; Planning experience in Onshore wind desirable;
The key responsibilities associated with the role will include:
- Compiling environmental consultant reports for EIS inclusion;
- Delivering fit for purpose project outputs within set deadlines;
- Preparing, compiling and project managing planning projects from inception to completion including interaction with project stakeholders, clients and other project team members;
- Undertaking background research, desk studies, field visits and preparing planning assessments, reports and project planning inputs;
- Liaising with statutory and non-statutory consultees to progress projects effectively;
- Efficiently interface with landowners and managing interactions with project team members and sub-consultants;
- Project Management knowledge and skills as well as experience regarding project management and realisation of electrical infrastructure advantageous;
- Strategic thinker with the ability to work independently towards challenging targets;
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities and meet pressure deadlines;
- Strong communicative and interpersonal skills; with the ability to report in a precise manor to the management on job proposals issued, current projects, upcoming deadlines;
- Excellent team player, goal-orientated, dynamic and entrepreneurial in nature, with the skill to motivate others successfully;
- Travel will be required to all Gaelectric wind farm sites in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland (a full clean driving license required).
Remuneration and benefits will be set to secure and incentivise the right person with the requisite skills and experience to fulfill this role. Interested? Then please submit your application in confidence via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (please include the position subject). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For any further questions concerning the position or application procedure do not hesitate to contact HR +353-1-6430-800.
Gaelectric is a dynamic company and are always open to new people and new ideas. Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to pursue a career in renewable energy.
Gaelectric, a privately held group established in 2004, is a leading developer and operator of renewable energy and energy storage projects in Ireland, the United Kingdom and North America with offices in Dublin, Belfast and Chicago.