Posted: 19th March 2014
Accounts Payable (Location: Dublin)
Salary: Competitive salary, negotiable depending on experience
Closing Date: 30/04/2014
Job Type: Permanent role subject to probation
Reports to: Group Financial Controller
- Weekly input of purchase invoices
- Assisting with the statutory audit process
- Monthly analysis of costings to ensure the accuracy of purchase invoice entries/journals etc
- Creditor reconciliation including following up on statements from Suppliers and cash collection from debtors
- Weekly Bank Reconciliations
- Processing intercompany invoices & non-PO related invoices check signatures to matrix to ensure accurate coding & approval for payment.
- Prepare monthly, weekly multi-currency multi-country payment runs
- Assist in the development of the accounts payable processes
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly / quarterly financial management accounts
- Prepare Prepayments List and Review Accruals List on Monthly Basis for completeness and accuracy
- Ensure all VAT receivables are received on a timely basis and payments to Tax authorities are made without delay or penalty
- Submission of Intrastat Returns, VAT returns and EC Sales listing's for multiple ROI/UK VAT registrations
- Manage RCT/CIS compliance obligations of clients within the construction industry
- Liaising with Revenue or HMRC on behalf of ROI or UK Group Companies
This is an exciting opportunity to join a key player in a strategically important sector. The role will suit an ambitious, self starter with a proven track record of success. The successful candidate will be a part qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) and educated to degree level.
Skills & Experience:
- Previous high volume Accounts Payable experience is essential
- The ability to work to a high level of accuracy in a high volume and high value environment with tight deadlines
- Part Qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA/CPA is highly desired
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills are required
- Excellent numerical and interpersonal skills are essential
- Strong competence in MS Word, MS Excel
- Strong time management
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Prior experience in dealing with VAT claims
Interested? Then please submit your application in confidence via email to email@example.com (please include the position subject). For any further questions concerning the position or application procedure, do not hesitate to contact Julia Hropost (+353-1-6430-800).
Gaelectric is a dynamic company and are always open to new people and new ideas. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to pursue a career in renewable energy.
Gaelectric, a privately held group established in 2004, is a leading developer and operator of renewable energy and energy storage projects in Ireland, the United Kingdom and North America with offices in Dublin, Belfast and Chicago.